Employee Type: Temporary
Employment duration: Full time
Location: Yakima Medical-Dental Clinic
Offer Relocation?: No
TEMPORARY FULL TIME POSITION
Excellent opportunity to work with our dental team, providing periodontal treatment to patients and increasing the the efficiency of the clinic by performing expanded duties (as allowable by law and as directed by the dentists). You may also assist in dental health projects within the community.
Working hours are 4 days/week, 10 hours/day. The preferred schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 7:00am - 6:00pm, however, there is some flexibility within these days and times. This position has an end date of 6/9/17.
- Education: Graduation from a Dental Hygiene school.
- Experience: Supervisory experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current WA State dental hygiene license. Current CPR Certification within 3 months of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Effectively manage patient fears and apprehensions. Complete understanding of medical/emergency procedures; complete understanding of and skilled in the delivery of dental anesthetic and placing restorations; knowledge of established hygiene concepts; requires considerable dexterity and coordination. Ability to communicate effectively with clinic staff and patients of all ages, including children; ability to work well with others. Basic computer skill and knowledge. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves over 120,000 people across 27 clinics and programs in two states. We have expanded medical care to include dental, orthodontia, nutritional counseling, autism screening, and behavioral health. We also offer community programs that offer assistance with employment and training, afterschool education, rental and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, tobacco cessation, and three mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.